Thursday, June 18, 2009

Memories...

I'm now very emotional. There's a beautiful song with beautiful lyrics that reminded me about my grandmother. Kellie Pickler's "My Angel". It reminds me that I actually missed my grandmother very much.... And now I'm actually crying in front of my computer table. To think of it, I really, really, really miss her very much!

She left my family and I quite a long time. I believed she went to heaven because she is a very good friends to others, a very good mother, a very good mother-in-law and the most important point is, she's the best grandmother in this world.

My grandmother is a very bubbly person. She laughs a lot, cooks a lot, sews a lot of clothes for us. She walks faster than everybody who walk together with her where ever she goes. She likes traveling too... But traveling is the thing that killed her indirectly. She had a stroke after she came back from traveling and she spend the last few months of her life in the bed.

As my parents are very busy people, so before they hire my granduncle to be our driver, they would come pick me up from kindergarten, but I'll be the last to go home from school because they'll eventually forget about me. My grandmother felt bad about that, so she would take bus on her own to my kindergarten to take me, because she doesn't know how to drive, after that she'll take me on a bus ride and to a random place for lunch and then only back to home.

My grandmother is the coolest person I've ever known because she didn't have any education before and she learned it all by herself through newspaper, and she knows how to read and write in mandarin. She would help my siblings and I with our homework because we studied in mandarin schools yet our parents don't know any mandarin characters other than their own name. My grandmother is cool in the other way is because she depended on sewing and raised up three children single handed. I really salute her for that.

My grandmother likes to have dinner together. She likes to cook and make soup. Her soup are the best and i can't taste it anymore. She would force my parents to come home for dinner as their office were used to be just under our house. The whole family will have a happy time eating together. My grandmother always would be the first one to finish her bowl of rice. My brother always wanted to beat her but never once did before.

To think about it, she had left us for more than ten years. Everything I've mention above it feels like it just happened yesterday. I really missed her a lot. To my dear readers who still have their grandparents with you, please cherish them. Once you lose them then you will realize how precious grandparents are. I would love to tell her this although it's a little too late, but I believe that she knows it, I LOVE U MAMA~~!! Mama is how i used to call her. The following lyric I would like to dedicate them to all the grandparents in this world; and of course to my lovely grandmother.


Here's a vidoe with lyrics. Hope you all like it.

Song Title: My Angel
Singer: Kellie Pickler

Every day when school got out
I'd get off the bus and I'd run down
That old dirt road where you were waiting for me
On the front porch in that blue swing
You'd be smiling and we would sing
'Amazing Grace' and 'Jesus Loves Me'

You were like my mother
You were my best friend
You were everything I want to be
And all the good inside of me
There's never been
Never been another
That loved me like you did
My grandmother, my angel

Even though I can't touch your face
I feel you with me every day
I wish you could see all my dreams comin true
When I get lost I close my eyes
And I feel you shinin down so bright
I feel you shinin down on me

You were like my mother
You were my best friend
You were everything I want to be
And all the good inside of me
There's never been
Never been another
That loved me like you did
My grandmother, my angel

You were like my mother
You were my best friend
You were everything I want to be
And all the good inside of me
There's never been
Never been another
That loved me like you did
My grandmother, my angel
My angel



Loved by grandmother...

C@rM3n Wo0

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! i can't believe it! whenever i read this post, I'll start crying like a baby myself. That's so not Carmen Woo!! I think i cry whenever i read this post is because i really really really missed her! i mean really A LOT! So sad that i've actually lost her quite a long time.

    ReplyDelete